As an integral part of the Allens Group, PSMT is a leading nationwide provider of high quality, cost effective service, planned and reactive maintenance and security solutions for its selected prestigious clients. In addition to this it also provides the Groups engineering services for all of its project work and provides design, implementation and servicing expertise.
We currently have an immediate requirement for a Service & Maintenance Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will cover mainly London and the South of the UK and will be located within a 35 mile radius of our Sheerwater office (GU21 5JY). You will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, service and repair of our clients’ installed equipment. Please note you must have a flexible approach to working and travelling as you will at times be required to work away from home. It is essential for this role that you hold a Full UK Driving Licence as you will be required to travel around in the company vehicle that will be provided. You must be willing to undertake full security clearance as this is a mandatory requirement.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces I.e. Royal Navy (Marine Engineer), Army (REME) or Royal Air Force/RAF (Aircraft Technician) and has previously worked with electro-mechanical systems.
- Liaise with customers on site and carry out installation, service, maintenance and repair of a range of security barriers, gates, bollards blockers and turnstiles supplied by the company.
- Identify mechanical, electrical and electronic faults on equipment including; wiring, PCB’s, motors, pumps, valves, hydraulic hoses, chains and belts and carrying out the necessary repairs.
- Install new components to ensure that machinery is working safely and efficiently.
- Advise customers on best possible solutions to ensure that machinery is working safely and to the best of its ability.
- Provide accurate service documentation for site visits.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- You must be flexible as you will be required to be on call on a rota with the rest of the team.
- Good working knowledge of electro-mechanical engineering systems.
- Hold or working towards a relevant engineering qualification.
- Good technical background.
- Proven fault finding and problem solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams
- Competent to work on own initiative in potentially pressurised environments
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Flexible approach – willing to be part of an on call rota
- Full clean driving licence.
- 17th/18th Edition,
- City and Guilds or NVQ level relevant qualification
- CSCS card or equivalent, Testing and commissioning qualification
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- Call out allowance and daily retainer paid whilst on call
- Hourly Overtime Payable, staying away from home is additional hourly increment with hotel and meals allowance paid whilst away
- Hours – Monday to Friday – 8am – 5pm.
- Company vehicle, fuel card, mobile phone.
- 23 days annual leave rising with service, plus 8 statutory days.
- Company pension scheme and life assurance.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable company, full product training will be provided.
If you are interested in this position please email your CV with a covering letter to Gaynor Eke, HR & Careers Manager, Allens Group Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is more information on our web site and a map “how to find us”